Painting Company in Saskatoon: Our Tips for Choosing Paint Colours
Choosing new interior or exterior paint colours is a great way to freshen up the look of your home, but deciding on those colours can be nerve-wracking. Instead of stressing about paint colours, call on the professionals at 360° Painting® Saskatoon. Our painting company offers free colour consults on painting projects of all sizes, and we aim to make the entire painting process as easy and stress-free as possible for our clients.
Our Painting Company’s Tips for Choosing Exterior Colours
Painting the exterior of your home in Saskatoon? Find the perfect colours with these tips:
- The colours and undertones of exterior elements that won’t be painted, such as tiles, shingles, and walkways, will affect the overall look of your home, so be sure to consider them when choosing colours.
- Pay attention to colour schemes being used by neighbors and homeowners near you and take note of which colour combinations resonate with you.
- Remember that your home’s exterior colour scheme consists of three areas: the colour for the main body of your home, the colour of trim around windows and doors, and accent colour on shutters, doors, and other small areas. Using paint shades of varying contrast in these three areas will add depth and interest.
Our Painting Company’s Tips for Choosing Interior Colours in Saskatoon
Not sure where to start when it comes to choosing interior paint colours? These tips will get the ball rolling:
- If you’re choosing colours for your whole house or an entire floor, note which rooms are visible to one another, and start by picking the colour for the most centrally located room first and paint the adjacent room two shades darker or lighter.
- To find a colour scheme quickly, try using a colour wheel. They’re an easy way to see how colours relate to each other, and even if you don’t use those exact colours, you’ll have a much better idea of what goes together.
- Use online tools to find inspiration. Pinterest lets you browse ideas and images and “pin” the ones you like. Alternatively, try the free Colour Visualizer tool on our website to upload a picture of your space and try every colour combination you can think of right from your desktop or mobile device.
If you need help deciding on which colours and finishes to use for your Saskatoon area home, our painting company is the perfect partner. At 360° Painting® Saskatoon, we offer free consultations, and our painters are happy to make suggestions based on their years of painting experience to help you find colours and finishes that best complement your home and style.
Ready to get started? Call our painting company today at (306) 270-6701 to schedule a free consultation in your Saskatoon-area home.